Wily West offer opportunities to join the company!
Wily West Productions, an award-winning theatre company in San Francisco, is looking for some passionate, dynamic theatre artists to join the company as it moves forward as a collective organization.
OPEN CALL TO JOIN AS A CORE ARTIST:
Wily West is a small artist-driven indie theatre looking for 2 or 3 core members who will walk the walk and not only help artistically but also help get the work done to bring world premiere productions to life. We run a 2-3 productions per year and we are seeking commitment for the 2018 season. This means we need core artists who can both participate artistically and volunteer their skills and time.
WHAT WE NEED:
fundraising ideas and volunteers
media -FB posts - Tweeting
unloading and loading sets/props/costumes
blogging - articles about Wily West and new plays
tech skills /hanging lights/light board
crew a show
read new plays
WHAT YOU GET:
- Those selected to join our collective will be able to propose projects/programming for the upcoming 2018 production schedule. Schedule TBD.
- Core artists will have a decision-making vote on what will ultimately appear in the 2018 season.
- Core artists can participate in planning meetings, workshops and events.
- Core artists will have opportunities to participate in productions as writers, actors, designers, directors for paid stipends.
- You define your role with Wily West. You tell us what you can do for us, what you're interested in and how much time you can commit.
- All Core artists get a headshot and bio on the website.
- Many of our playwrights, actors, directors have received positive critical response, some have achieved awards and many have received multiple opportunites with other Bay Area theatres.
- Writers have an opportunity to have their work appear in both SF and Seattle!
WHAT TO DO: (Submissions for Company Membership due Thursday, July 5th 11:59pm)
Please take a look at our website and understand our core mission.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us about yourself - what your main emphasis is: acting/writing/design, etc. and how you envision yourself contributing to the company. Please include some practical volunteering work you would be willing to do i.e. carpenter/accountant/seamstress, etc. Attach your resume.
We will contact you with more information if we feel your skills/desires match the needs we have for the company.
Keep Sunday, July 9th 11am-2pm open.
We will notify you by July 7. Questions? Email email@example.com